pginstaller policy?

From: "Jan-Peter Seifert" <Jan-Peter(dot)Seifert(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pginstaller policy?
Date: 2010-05-28 11:22:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I wonder whether pginstaller is still being maintained for 8.3 and 8.2, because there are no binaries for the current minor versions yet and because of this comment from January 10ths newsletter:

---------------------------
In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml, update Windows installation
notes. pginstaller isn't used anymore, in favor of the one-click
installers. Make it clear that we support Windows 2000 and newer
with the native port, instead of first saying we support NT4 and
then saying we don't.

The web page ( http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows ) does not say that pginstaller is suspended (yet).

It's just that - as far as I know - the clusters initialized by the one-click installer and pginstaller are incompatible with each other (timestamp). So a whole pg_dump/pg_restore session for each 'pginstaller' server would be necessary in order to update to a newer 'one-click only' minor version ...

So ... is pginstaller dead or just delayed this time?

Could you tell me, please?

Thank you very much,

Peter