Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-04-26 14:07:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

Rafael Martinez wrote:
> I have been playing with this file and DIA-0.96.1 on Linux and this is
> the result:
>
> * Importing/converting from xfig to dia format worked with almost no
> problems.
>
> * DIA complained that it could not find 'Latex font 16' and that it
> would use 'sans' instead. An explanation about this could be what they
> explain in this url: http://projects.gnome.org/dia/fonts.html
>
> * The diagram was imported automatically with the right layout but
> without the red color in the boxes. This was fixed without problems
> manually.
>
> After converting this file to DIA I have generated several other formats
> from it. Here are they: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/pgsql_diagrams/
>
> * png, jpeg and eps are generated with the right layout, color and font
> size.
>
> * xfig is generated with the right layout and color but the font size is
> too big
>
> * svg has big problems with the font size under google chrome and is
> 'almost' right under firefox.

Looks good. I have created a tarball of all my xfig figures:

http://momjian.us/expire/xfig.tgz

While they are licensed as Creative Commons Attribution, you can
consider them BSD-licensed for inclusion into our Postgres docs.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com