Re: Alias to rollback keyword

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alias to rollback keyword
Date: 2010-04-01 14:39:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:34:41PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Matthew Altus wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > After dealing with a production fault and having to rollback all the time, I
> > kept typing a different word instead of rollback. So I created a patch to
> > accept this word as an alias for rollback. Obviously it's not part of the sql
> > standard, but could be a nice extension for postgresql. See the patch for
> > more details.
>
> Applied.

Hmm, a careful review of the patch leads me to believe that this is one
of the few times that a keyword might benefit from localization. Seems
l10n efforts in this area have mostly focused on the filtering case, but
I'm sure we can repurose such lists. Licensing might be an issue.
Clearly this needs to be controlled by the client locale, not the
server. Any need for a guc?

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D. reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist phone: 713-348-6166