bug in function arguments "recognition"

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bug in function arguments "recognition"
Date: 2010-03-03 15:05:29
Lists: pgsql-general

I've a function defined as:

create or replace function catalog_relateditems(__itemid bigint,
families int[]...

I call it with

select * from catalog_relateditems(6538::bigint, ARRAY[1,2,3,4,5]);
and I get:

HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.

The I try to drop the function using psql autocomplete and I get...

DROP FUNCTION catalog_relateditems ( bigint, integer[], character
varying)

\df *rela*
reports:

public | catalog_relateditems | setof record | __itemid
bigint, families integer[], OUT ...

There is no other function named catalog_relateditems

I'm on 8.3.9 debian lenny

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it