Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql tab completion for DO blocks
Date: 2010-02-10 02:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> Where are we on this patch? We should at least implement the completion
> for 'LANGUAGE' in 'DO', and use the existing pg_language query for
> completion. I am attaching a patch that does exactly this.

I don't think we need the patch except adding DO to the top-level sql_commands.

Syntax of DO command is:
DO code [ LANGUAGE lang_name ]
We need 'code' before LANGUAGE, but the patch completes "DO" to "DO LANGUAGE".
It will be just a syntax error.

Also, we've already had a completion after LANGUAGE (see words_after_create),
so we don't need an additional Query_for_list_of_languages after LANGUAGE.

BTW, I'm working on psql tab-completion adjustment for new syntax in 9.0.
I'll send it soon.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki