Hot Standby and DROP DATABASE

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hot Standby and DROP DATABASE
Date: 2010-02-06 01:25:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While testing Hot Standby, I have encountered strange behavior with
DROP DATABASE command.

1) connect to "test" database at standby via psql
2) issue DROP DATABASE test command to primary
3) session #1 works fine
4) close session #1
5) "test" database dropped on standby

Fromt the manual:

Running DROP DATABASE, ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE, or ALTER
DATABASE ... RENAME on primary will generate a log message that will
cause all users connected to that database on the standby to be
forcibly disconnected. This action occurs immediately, whatever the
setting of max_standby_delay.

So it seems at least the behavior is quite different from what the
docs stats. Am I missing something here?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan