Re: Hot standby documentation

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot standby documentation
Date: 2010-02-05 23:55:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua Tolley wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Having concluded I really need to start playing with hot standby, I started
> looking for documentation on the subject. I found what I was looking for; I
> also found this page[1], which, it seems, ought to mention hot standby.
> Comments?
>
> [1] http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/high-availability.html

Ah, I now realize it only mentions "warm" standby, not "hot", so I just
updated the documentation to reflect that; you can see it here:

http://momjian.us/tmp/pgsql/high-availability.html

Warm and Hot Standby Using Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR)

Do we want to call the feature "hot standby"? Is a read-only standby a
"standby" or a "slave"?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com