BUG #5308: How to disable Case sensitivity on naming identifiers

From: "Kelly SACAULT" <kelly(dot)sacault(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5308: How to disable Case sensitivity on naming identifiers
Date: 2010-02-02 20:11:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5308
Logged by: Kelly SACAULT
Email address: kelly(dot)sacault(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.2
Operating system: Ubuntu 9.10
Details:

I have installed Postgresql using Ubuntu Synaptic.

In the contrary of what is stated in the official manual, I have to write
case sensitive SQL statements in my postgresql connexion.

What parameter do I have to change in the postgresaql configuration ? I have
spent many hours in studying the parameters, the faqs and the forums. I have
found nothing to make my SQL statements case-insensitive.
I want to be able to execute successfully such stmts:

SELECT col1 FROM myTABLE

SELECT Col1 FROM myTable

please, may you help ?

Kelly