Re: Mammoth in Core?

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mammoth in Core?
Date: 2010-01-25 03:33:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> "splitting existing projects into some 'modules', and getting the
> modules one by one into core" was not the concluion, actually.
>
> For example, see below from above URL: This means that we expect
> PostgreSQL exports it's parser so that existing cluster softwares can
> use it. Not opposite direction.

I think they says the same practically -- at least have the same impact.

It says postgres need to export the the internal feature *only for* some
of external cluster softwares. So, if you are thinking about exporting
some features from the core, the exported features would better to be
stable enough and shared by several third-party tools.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center