Re: alpha3 release schedule?

From: Hiroyuki Yamada <yamada(at)kokolink(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: alpha3 release schedule?
Date: 2009-12-19 14:22:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Do people want more time to play with hot standby? Otherwise alpha3
>should go out on Monday or Tuesday.

Well, I want to know whether the problem I refered to
in http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-12/msg01641.php
is must-fix or not.

This problem is a corollary of the deadlock problem. This is less catstrophic
but more likely to happen.

If you leave this problem, for example, any long-running transactions,
holding any cursors in whatever tables, have a possibility of freezing
whole recovery work in HotStandby node until the transaction commit.

regards,

--
Hiroyuki YAMADA
Kokolink Corporation