Re: Can non-superusers use PgAdminIII for non-admin tasks?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: kbanyas(at)nccs(dot)nasa(dot)gov
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can non-superusers use PgAdminIII for non-admin tasks?
Date: 2009-12-16 22:52:26
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le mercredi 16 décembre 2009 à 22:05:23, Ken Banyas a écrit :
> I figured that out shortly after I answered your post, Guillaume.
> However, that non-superuser can still manipulate objects in the postgres
> database, which I do not desire.
> Is there a way to NOT select a Maintenance DB when creating a new server
> connection?

No because it's the one used for the connection. But you're not forced to use
the postgres database as the maintenance DB.

> I have also tried using the DB Restriction field in the Server
> connection Properties box, but I cannot seem to get the syntax right.

Put: 'db1','db2'
to restrict the database to db1 and db2 only.

> I do not want the non-superuser to be able to see the postgres database.

Use another database for the maintenance DB, and restrict the database he can
see to all but postgres (which means you'll need to update the server
properties each time you add a new database).

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org