Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem

From: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pg_dump and ON DELETE CASCADE problem
Date: 2009-12-11 15:11:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Friday 11 December 2009 5:59:31 am CG wrote:
> That's really nifty! I didn't know you could do that!
>
> So I expanded it, and I grepped for that UUID through the 46 gig file, and
> I found the row in the dump that shouldn't be there... It defies
> explanation.

Just so I am clear it always exactly the same UUID that shows up in the dump
file? Upstream in this thread you mentioned a DELETE trigger that copied
deleted items to another table. Is it possible that there is a stuck query
related to this trigger that is keeping this row visible to pg_dump? A query
against pg_stat_activity might be useful.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net