BUG #5171: Composite type with array does not translate in plpythonu

From: "Jason" <jason(at)beanfield(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5171: Composite type with array does not translate in plpythonu
Date: 2009-11-06 17:29:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5171
Logged by: Jason
Email address: jason(at)beanfield(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system: FreeBSD
plpythonu
Details:

When I have a plpythonu function returning a composite type that has an
array column, the function does not work when I try to return a list for
that column.

create type test_array as (
col1 text[]
);

create function return_array(val1 text, val2 text) returns test_array
as $$
return {'col1': [val1, val2]}
$$ language plpythonu;

select return_array('test1','test2')