PgAdmin debugger feature requests

From: tiblu <tiblu(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgAdmin debugger feature requests
Date: 2009-10-19 14:45:36
Lists: pgadmin-support
First of all, I really
appreciate the effort done so far, PostgreSQL stored procedure debugging
has always been pretty nasty.
The basic system of debugging seems to
work OK, but there are few things I noticed on first use using PgAdmin
debugger:
* It drops debug session randomly when connecting to DB via
PgBouncher. Is that by design? Both local and global debugging.
*
when I have a variable declared in my function with "record" type, I
can't see it's contents. But, if it is declared as "%ROWTYPE", it's all
nice.
* I would really love to have "evaluate expression" feature. By
"evaluate expression" I mean I could ask for value like:
"my_rec.my_field" and it shows the specific value. Why not even more
complicated queries. Just posting it here, maybe you have also some
thinking effort to but into this.

Using: PgAdmin 1.10.0 (Windows
MSI), Windows XP SP3, PostgreSQL database 8.3

Thanks again. Keep
up the good work!

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Perry, AlonzoDate: 2009-10-19 19:15:14