Re: Hot Standby 0.2.1

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot Standby 0.2.1
Date: 2009-10-09 17:21:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
> You have posted patches that I have said I don't agree with. My name is
> going to be on this when it goes in, so I don't think it makes any sense
> to force that commit to include changes I don't agree with. I cannot
> prevent you making changes afterwards, nor would I wish to. I'd like you
> to respond sensibly to comments on those. We should work together on a
> consensus basis, especially since I know you have not fully tested your
> changes (either). Your error rate might be lower than mine, but it is
> non-zero.

The commit message and release notes mention might have just Simon's
name, or multiple people.

The hot patch commit is going to have multiple people involved before it
is committed, so if Simon is worried that the patch will have ideas in
it he does not agree with, perhaps we can make sure the commit and
release note items include Heikki's name as well. Normally if a
committer makes signficant changes to a patch, the committer's name is
also added to the commmit message, and I suggest we do the same thing
here with hot standby.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com