Re: Geometric Elimination

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Paul Matthews <plm(at)netspace(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Geometric Elimination
Date: 2009-08-21 10:51:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 08:28:05PM +1000, Paul Matthews wrote:
> Trying to solve this problem by using a process of elimination. All
> works fine until the comment below is removed.

I haven't completely understood what you're trying to do, but I have a
few points.

- I don't see any definition of an operator class, just the family,
which doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

- Does it work if you replace the use of the operator with the
equivalent function call (contains)?

- Check for differences in the explain output, that should reveal any
implicit casts that may be getting in your way.

Hope this helps,