Re: forgot my password

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Shusteric <robert_shusteric(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: forgot my password
Date: 2009-07-15 14:31:15
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le mercredi 15 juillet 2009 à 10:20:00, Robert Shusteric a écrit :
> Hello. I don't know what password I used when setting up my PostgreSQL,
> and I need it to manually vacuum my database. Could you please help me
> out.

You should better ask this on a PostgreSQL mailing list. For example, pgsql-
general.

Anyways, there's no way to get the old password if you forgot it. You need to
change the authentication method to trust, so you can login and then change
your password. Don't forget to put back your old authentication method.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org