Re: [Q] single image Table across multiple PG servers

From: Kevin Kempter <kevink(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Q] single image Table across multiple PG servers
Date: 2009-07-14 19:45:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 13:35:23 you wrote:
> yes -- thank you
>
> that's in the direction of what I am looking for
>

> ODBC connectivity and joins across databases!
>

> It looks like it cannot support
> a single image table across databases

It's effectively a single image across nodes - in that the grid allows you to
partition a table across nodes (i.e. physical servers) so any sql see's it as
a single table so long as you send the sql to the grid controller

> But do you know if supports viewes that combines tables
> from different servers (this way
> I can prefix a table on each server with server_id and then
> just combine them in the view in a single Image table)

no need for this, the system presents the clients (via the controller) a
single table - even though its actually partitioned across nodes

It's quite similar to the Informix XPS product if that helps