Replication and coding good practices

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Replication and coding good practices
Date: 2009-06-28 10:05:08
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm starting to see the need of a replication solution in my horizon.

I've learned that some replication solution require code
modification, some require different assumption abut how connections
behave...

Are there any rules of thumb to consider for making an application
easier to work with a "general" replication solution?

The applications I mostly deal with are e-commerce sites.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it