Re: pgindent run coming

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgindent run coming
Date: 2009-06-10 19:04:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:
> >
> >> I am unclear why struct pointers are not being formatted properly in
> >> function headers but will research it.
> >>

> > Yeah, if we can fix that directly without adding the names to the
> > typedef list, it would be better. But not something to do right now.
> >
> > Have you started the pgindent run yet? I have a patch ready for
> > the cursor stability issue, but will hold off committing if it might
> > create a merge problem for you.
> >

> I am doing runs as requested on various platforms to extract the typedef
> lists. Linux is done, Windows (mingw) is running, FBSD and Cygwin to come.
>
> Results in a few hours. The buildfarm will have a consolidated list.

OK, good. However, I am seeing missing typedefs in the Linux list you
posted at:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/typedefs.pl

I pulled this list 20 minutes ago. I compared your list to the BSD list
I usually used and found that the Linux list had fewer typedefs:

2270 typedefs.old
1848 typedefs.new

I did a diff, attached, and found some typedefs that don't appear, like
PortalData. That is defined in our code as:

typedef struct PortalData *Portal;

typedef struct PortalData
{
/* Bookkeeping data */
bool visible; /* include this portal in pg_cursors? */
} PortalData;

I will try to build on Linux here and see how objdump displays that,
unless you can get me the output.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 10.0 KB