Re: pull raw text of a message by message-id

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org
Subject: Re: pull raw text of a message by message-id
Date: 2009-05-24 15:34:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Tom Lane escribió:
> > We currently have a (really handy) facility to pull a message from the
> > archives by message-ID, eg:
>
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/603c8f070905202040v66cd3054t434c0b73aa844c63@mail.gmail.com
>
> > Could we possibly get a similar type of link that pulls the raw
> > contents of the message, without any HTML markup?
>
> +1, but this would be better brought up on pgsql-www.

I've been playing with this a bit and I've set up an experimental script.
Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.
http://archives.postgresql.org/msgtxt.php?id=MESSAGE-ID

For example, this message is at:
http://archives.postgresql.org/msgtxt(dot)php?id=8797(dot)1242906435(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us

The archives are now regenerating, which will take a couple of hours, to add
a "text/plain" link at the right of the Message-Id line on the headers that
will take you to this unadorned text copy.

Note that I haven't set up an automatic run of the script that creates the
text/plain copies yet, so this will only work for messages on pgsql-hackers
that were posted before now. I'll work on that later.

Keep in mind that this is all experimental, so don't be surprised if things
break horribly (but report them back).