Re: Cannot login for short period of time

From: Henry <henry(at)zen(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "Thomas Markus" <t(dot)markus(at)proventis(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot login for short period of time
Date: 2009-05-13 07:42:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting "Thomas Markus" <t(dot)markus(at)proventis(dot)net>:
> check your hardware (especially harddrive) for errors.

Ja, that was my first suspicion as well, but no. Using a RAID5 setup,
with smart monitoring, etc ... no errors.

I've also just bumped up max_fsm_relations to 10000 - it was using the
default of 1000 or something. My database reindex in single-user mode
kindly made the suggestion (we have many, many table partitions with
hordes of indexes - relations approaching 9000+). reindexing due to
"Cannot find namespace X" error on insert.

Henry