sanity check on max_fsm_relations

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sanity check on max_fsm_relations
Date: 2009-03-02 19:44:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have an app that needs to create about 50 partitions per day. I'm planning
to boost up max_fsm_relations to about 100,000, so I won't have to worry
about changing it again until I can upgrade to 8.4 ;-) According to the
docs, this should take about 6MB of shmem, which is no big deal, but I'm
wondering if there might be other performanace implications that I'm not
aware of? Anyone ever run with 6 figure fsm relations (not just pages)
before?

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net