max_connections from database

From: "Scott Whitney" <swhitney(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: max_connections from database
Date: 2009-02-26 18:17:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

So, I got pretty close to my max_connections setting, and I had to up it
last night. I did so, and I issued a pg_ctl reload. Everything _seems_
happy.

However, the script I use to monitor this has the number hard-coded in it
(well, it looks it up from the conf file, anyway), and I'd rather get the
current runtime parameter from the db.

Anyone know where that bad boy lives?