renaming "storage parameters"

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: renaming "storage parameters"
Date: 2009-02-09 17:19:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Euler Taveira is arguing in an autovacuum thread that we should give
"storage parameters" a different name; his argument is that
"autovacuum_enabled" is not really a parameter that relates to storage.
He is proposing "relation parameters".

I am against the idea of renaming them, for two reasons: 1. it's a
user-visible change that doesn't seem to buy a lot; 2. it's a tedious
patch to write.

Can I get some votes? If you think they should be renamed but to a
different name than "relation parameters", please state what that is
too.