Re: Automatic database upgrade

From: "Karsten Hilbert" <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Automatic database upgrade
Date: 2009-02-05 10:59:01
Lists: pgsql-general

> > Debian has an add-on named pg_upgradecluster which transforms an
> > existing cluster into a new one transferring databases via dump/restore.
> >
> > This works nicely as long as the databases are not "too large" with
> > respect to the hardware specs they are running on.
> Ah really? Is that a Debian-only tool?
Pretty much as it assumes packages are installed they way they are
on Debian.

> If not, how would I get a copy on Gentoo?
You'd have to port it (or have it ported by making Gentoo maintainers
talk to the Debian PostgreSQL package maintainer).

Karsten
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a