Re: Mailing list (lack of) spam filtering

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2009-01-22 17:18:11
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Does anyone have any potential solutions? We could use spamhaus but we
> would have to be very careful because of the international nature of the
> project. We could add SORBS that might help a bit... thoughts?

Right now, we are relying on spamassasin + greylisting ... way back when
(I don't know how far back), we *had*:

# reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net,
# reject_rbl_client relays.ordb.org,
# reject_rbl_client opm.blitzed.org,
# reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
# reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,

Not sure when we removed, nor why, but someone at some point must have
complained ...

I can re-add all of them, if ppl would like ... just say the word ...

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664