Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date: 2009-01-07 22:22:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> So what have we decided about this suggestion. Should I submit the
> patch or just forget about it? So far some people like it and some
> people think that it is unneccessary. No one so far has suggested that
> it would harm the system or people's use of it.

I have gone over the discussion about this issue. I think there is
interest in a ReST output format, but only a 100% ReST-compliant one. I
don't think anyone felt they wanted a ReST-like format just for
appearance sake. For that reason, I have added this TODO entry:

Support the ReST table output format

Details about the ReST format: http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html

* http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01007.php

As I remember, no actual patch was posted for this.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com