COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...

From: Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria(at)netmadeira(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY ... FROM Permission denied ...
Date: 2009-01-06 18:41:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

This is a bit embarassing ... but ...

I have a partial set of data that I want to restore via COPY ... FROM command

I have created a public folder for the effect and chown'ed both the folder and
the file to be fed into COPY to a+rw ...

I switched users with su - postgres and connected to the DB with the psql
command

All I'm getting is a Permission denied upon issuing the COPY command from
within psql interactive terminal! :O

So:
a) The Christmas *spirits* killed a billion of my brain cells
b) I need to go to postgresql kindergarden
c) I'm missing something very basic

Could someone please lend a hand?

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Doria Meunier