Re: Multi Lingual problem

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer(at)nic(dot)fr>
To: ravi kiran <ravysters(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multi Lingual problem
Date: 2008-12-08 13:20:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 05:35:35PM +0530,
ravi kiran <ravysters(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote
a message of 19 lines which said:

> I am using the psqlodbc driver to connect to postgresql... But this
> is not supporting all the languages that UTF should support..

An important thing: the Unicode character set, encoded as
UTF-something, does not support *languages* but *scripts*.

> can you please give a solution so that i can psqlodbc supports
> multiple languages.

You provide almost no details so I do not think that anyone could
help. Please give more information (code, error messages, etc).

> Right now there is support for russian characters from my
> application..

You mean the cyrillic characters? They are not specific to
russian. Cyrillic is a script, russian a language.