Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time

From: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Date: 2008-11-21 14:33:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:59:31PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yes, my perception also is that it's getting harder and harder to keep
> up with the list traffic; so something is happening that a simple
> volume count doesn't capture.
>
> Does anyone have the data to break it down per mailing list? That might
> yield some more insight.

The markmail archives generate pretty graphs and they seem to have a
good coverage from quite a few of the lists. e.g.:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list:org.postgresql.pgsql-general
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list:org.postgresql.pgsql-hackers

the following has links to more:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list:org.postgresql

be interesting to see how their servers take the hammering!

Sam