Re: Losing data

From: Garry Saddington <garry(at)schoolteachers(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Losing data
Date: 2008-06-19 19:29:57
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 19 June 2008 19:03, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 19:06 +0100, Garry Saddington wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 June 2008 18:15, Alan Hodgson wrote:
> > > On Thursday 19 June 2008, Garry Saddington <garry(at)schoolteachers(dot)co(dot)uk>
>
> Although I appreciate that this is a funky problem, the problem doesn't
> yet exist and we are operating in a diagnostic vacuum.
>
> Can you duplicate the problem now?
The problem is not consistent, some reports are lsot others not.

> Do you have any logs from PostgreSQL that describe the session that
> either previously or currently (based on your tests) the problem?
These are at school so I will look tomorrow

> Do those logs actually show ERROR?
There are no errors relating to reports

> What about your apachelog or zope logs?
Again tomorrow

> Have you turned up the logging in all three components to ensure that
> the problem actually does exist?
Will do this tomorrow
regards and thanks for your efforts.

PS
Could it be somethiing to do with libpq.so.4/5 required by psycopg and will
the WAL hold data to be replayed?