Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE panic crashes on Windows

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE panic crashes on Windows
Date: 2008-05-27 16:58:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Fortunately there is a way to tell gettext what to do, and accordingly
> >> I propose the attached patch. I am not in a position to test it
> >> however. Would somebody replicate the failure and confirm this
> >> fixes it?
>
> > After some work, I've managed to reproduce it in my test environment for
> > Swedish, and I can confirm that the patch fixes the issue.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Just for kicks, I've applied this patch so you, so you get to be on the
> > receiving side of that ;-)
>
> No objection here.
>
> I noticed that you applied the patch to 8.2 as well. It should be
> harmless enough, but we weren't having the problem in 8.2 were we?
> Or am I just confused?

I am seeing a compile falure after this patch on BSD/OS 4.3.1. The
failure is during link of the backend binary:

-lssl -lcrypto -lgetopt -ldl -lutil -lm -o postgres
utils/mb/mbutils.o: In function `SetDatabaseEncoding':
utils/mb/mbutils.o(.text+0xbbc): undefined reference to `bind_textdomain_codeset'
gmake: *** [postgres] Error 1

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com