Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content
Date: 2008-05-27 16:00:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity or inattention."

As far as I can tell, SWiK is guilty of nothing worse that sloppiness. I see
absolutely no reason to assume that they are trying to do something sinister.
What would be their motivation?

Further, SWiK *does* link back to the original blogs. So some of the argument
posted here has been based on false premises.

The alternative is to have SWiK not include PostgreSQL at all, which is not a
good outcome for us. I think that we *might* send them a politely worded
request to clarify their copyright statement (I'll be happy to do this).
Beyond that, this seems like a real non-issue.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun