Re: XML Support related questions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Brijesh Shrivastav" <Bshrivastav(at)esri(dot)com>
Subject: Re: XML Support related questions
Date: 2008-05-24 11:32:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Am Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008 schrieb Brijesh Shrivastav:
> 1) Can xml column be constrained to be DOCUMENT or CONTENT type?

Using a check constraint that does IS [NOT] DOCUMENT on the value.

> 2) Is there plan in near future to support XML schema validation
> i.e to ensure inserted xml document conforms to a preregistered set of
> XML schemas.

Plans yes, but I don't think anyone is working on it at the moment.

> 3) Support for XQuery - I know it is asking for too much but when
> do you see it happening in the future.

See #2.

> 4) Support for xml indexes - Is it something that is being worked
> upon for next release?

See #3. ;-) Of course this question is a bit underspecified, because indexes
depend on some operators, and XML does not have any operators at the moment,
so what do you want to index?