Re: F-Secure and PostgreSQL

From: "Konsta Tiihonen" <konsta(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: F-Secure and PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-05-23 10:29:42
Lists: pgsql-general

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:09:29 +0100
> Von: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
> An: Konsta Tiihonen <konsta(at)gmx(dot)net>
> CC: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Betreff: Re: [GENERAL] F-Secure and PostgreSQL

> Konsta Tiihonen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after some research a month ago I found out that there is some issue
> > between the software F-secure Internet Security (2006, 2007, 2008)
> > and the Windows version of postgreSQL. I cannot connect to
> > postgreSQL.
>
> You probably need to check the F-Secure manual for details, but
> presumably you need to stop the firewall from blocking port 5432 (which
> is what PostgreSQL uses).
>
> Can you connect from the maching PostgreSQL is installed on? It would be
> unusual if the firewall is blocking localhost.
>
> Oh, and you'll want to make sure the anti-virus scanner isn't scanning
> the database folder too. There have been cases where av scanners
> interfere with the database.

I opened the port 5432 inbound and outbound already. As far as I konw there are some other ports for negotiation as well. I opened those up, too. Connecting to it is not possible. The postgreSQL service is running on the same machine, so there is no other machine I could try to connect from.

I will give 'not scanning the directory' a shot.

Is there somebody else who is running F-Secure and postgreSQL on a Windows PC or am I the only person with this setting?

Best regards,

Konsta Tiihonen