Re: Lessons from commit fest

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date: 2008-04-19 02:30:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > Skimming the output it does have things like "int" and "float" but presumably
> > we would know if that caused any problem, they wouldn't inflate the numbers
> > much.
> >

> >> 2800 does seem a bit high. My buildfarm member dungbeetle just found 2482 on a
> >> build that is only missing the optional pam, bonjour and gssapi config options.
> >>

> > The numbers going to vary heavily from OS to OS so it seems to me that these
> > are a basically the same order of magnitude.
> >

> It looks like Windows will blow all our existing numbers out of the
> water. Here's a list generated from Cygwin with 6088 symbols. I'm
> working on getting a similar list from MinGW.
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=brown_bat&dt=2008-04-18%20230054&stg=typedefs

I have created a proper typedef file that I would normally use for a
pgindent run of the entire tree (it has /contrib, 2628 entries). It is
at:

http://momjian.us/expire/pgtypedefs.bsdos

Andrew, feel free to replace the typedef script in /tools with yours and
we can all test it. I know mine worked on Ubuntu 7.10 and Alvaro got it
working too. We can test your once you are ready.

As soon as you have a stable typedef file we can all use please update
the pgindent README to point to that URL. Keep the instructions of how
to create it in our tree so we have it for future reference.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com