Re: dunction issue

From: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dunction issue
Date: 2008-03-28 00:19:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 03:34:49PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> Or a simpler way to do handle my previous suggestion:
>
> IF (ret_email IS NULL ) OR (ret_email='') THEN
> RETURN ('-3')

That would be the sane fix, yes.

Based on the previous emails from the OP, he seems to be missing a
lot of the tools that databases' give you. Transactions and unique
constraints being two significant ones. Writing stored procedures to do
their work is just going to introduce unnecessary bugs and complication.

Sam