Re: [pgsql-www] New email list for emergency communications

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] New email list for emergency communications
Date: 2008-03-25 00:23:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > If we modify the archives to have a URL to go straight to a message-id and
> > Bruce generated a list all on one page including comments and message-ids then
> > I could process them all into a wiki page in a few hours.
>
> Ideally we could have a message id link to the official archives. Off
> list tell me what you want and I will generate it.

Hmm, there's the permalink stuff I mentioned via Jabber. I think you
could do this right away, and not wait until the next commitfest.

The other thing Greg is saying is to remove paginated output. You can
set mhonarc to put all messages in a single page. I'm not sure this is
such a hot idea for all users, because such a page would be humongous;
but perhaps runnning mhonarc twice is a good idea?