TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)
Date: 2008-03-12 14:53:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:27:06AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > I don't care who edits it myself, though I can say I get perhaps one
> > > patch a year to the TODO list file --- usually I just an email saying
> > > remove that item or something.
> >
> > Personally I've wished to enter something in the TODO list myself but
> > refrained because it was "your area". Having a derived HTML page
> > doesn't make me feel any better -- how should I generate it to ensure
> > that my output is equal to yours?
>
> If you change the text file, I will see the CVS update and update the
> HTML --- I will never lose a change because my CVS sees your changes.

That seems like a lot of extra work that should be unnecessary.

I asked before for general reactions, so I will now turn that into a formal proposal:

Let's move the TODO list to the wiki. Bruce still retains "ownership" of it
and will certainly be doing most of the editing. But people who work on
individual items can add/remove items and details as needed directly on the
wiki as necessary.

Those who still need daily updates can easily grab an RSS feed off the
wiki, or use the watch feature (disclaimer: I haven't used the watch
feature myself, but I'm told it should work).

Can we get a soundoff on this? Good idea, bad idea?

(if we decide to do it, we'll have to migrate what's there now, of course.
But I'm sure we can find volounteer(s) to help with that so Bruce doesn't
have to do all the work.)

//Magnus