Re: Archives: link to MarkMail?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Archives: link to MarkMail?
Date: 2008-03-10 09:28:37
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 07:26:40PM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Neil Conway wrote:
> > Someone from MarkMail asked if it would be possible to add a link to the
> > MarkMail PostgreSQL list archives (http://postgresql.markmail.org) to
> > archives.postgresql.org. Would it be?
>
> Sort of like alternative archive search engines? Yes, that would work.
> I currently have for URLs:
>
> http://dir.gmane.org/search.php?match=postgresql
> http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?autobahn=nolimit&hunt=pgsql
> http://postgresql.markmail.org/
> http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?lnk=gh&hl=en&sel=33656041

Actually putting the links on archives.postgresql.org would be a bad thing
to do right now, since we're changing around quite a bit of where those
pages are coming from etc.

We could put it on the http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/ page
though. The question then becomes - do we link to all of them? If not,
what's the criteria for which one(s) get listed?

//Magnus