Re: postgresql.eu ?

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>,pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql.eu ?
Date: 2008-02-25 23:37:08
Lists: pgeu-general
Hello Jean-Paul,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:30:28AM +0100, Jean-Paul Argudo wrote:

> > My opinion (seconded by at least one other person) is:
> >
> > postgresql.eu is about PostgreSQL. [...]
> > If i visit "http://www.postgresql.eu/" i expect information about
> > PostgreSQL [...]
>
> I disagree totally. The site about PostgreSQL is PostgreSQL.org, it has
> allways be and allways will be.
>
> Every other *postgres* (its a regexp :) is PostgreSQL-related, it is
> *not* the PostgreSQL project, nor the core team endorse it...

You know this, i know this. What about the usual user typing in the
domain name in his browser? Does he know, that postgresql.eu is about
the user group, not about PostgreSQL itself?

I don't believe so.

> >> It seems to more self-explaining and easier to remember than pgug.eu
> >
> > Ask the italians, why they chose itpug, not postgresql.it ;-)
> > Other user groups did this too.
>
> There's not only one Italian group...

Yeah, and both sites linked from the community site on postgresql.org
don't use postgresql.it ;-)

Kind regards

--
				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum