Re: ?

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ?
Date: 2008-02-25 20:51:13
Lists: pgeu-general
Hello all,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 08:23:53PM +0100, damien clochard wrote:
> This might be naïve question but can we use the domain ?

we just had a small discussion on irc about this.

My opinion (seconded by at least one other person) is: is about PostgreSQL. Surely the user group is a big
PostgreSQL topic, but it's not the only one.

If i visit "" i expect information about
PostgreSQL, maybe about PostgreSQL in the european area. I don't expect
the entire site occupied by the user group.

So should have a big fat blue link to the user group page
(wherever this page might be), but the user group page itself should be
somewhere else.

> It seems to more self-explaining and easier to remember than

Ask the italians, why they chose itpug, not ;-)
Other user groups did this too.

Another side-note: everybody is shortening "PostgreSQL" to "PG", why do
we name the user group shortcut "P" (PostgreSQL User Group)?

Kind regards

				Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group