Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts inSE Asia

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Setting up for Press Contacts inSE Asia
Date: 2008-01-29 15:41:35
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> Right - but that detail is buried in the messages I can't find. Please
> recap on what exactly Josh is trying to do.

Right now I have a private database on one of my machines, which does 2
things:

1) Track and generate the Regional Contacts page;
2) Track all North America press contacts and spam them

It's really a bad idea to have this only on one of my machines, which is on
the end of a DSL line and has a previous history of power supply issues. For
one thing, it keeps me from meaningfully training Robert or Magnus or you
from being able to take over for me if food poisoning brings me down.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun