Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)infinito(dot)it>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-25 16:17:09
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 04:22:45PM +0100, Hans-Juergen Schoenig wrote:
> one more question - maybe i lost this info because I might have not
> read all emails.
> is there a way to vote if somebody is not at fosdem?
> i think this will apply for many people.

You can find the election rules at:

http://www.pgug.eu/election.txt

But there's a different thread for that topic.

To answer your question: no, you can't vote if you are not at FOSDEM.
We have a chicken-egg problem here: nobody knows, where you are from or
if the person behind your email address really exists.
In addition only members of the user group should be able to vote.

So we created a membership form which you can sign at fosdem, show your
photo-id and then you are allowed to vote. Future elections will happen
in a more formal way, maybe with vote by email or an electronic voting
system.

Bye

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum