message string fixes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgtranslation-translators(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: message string fixes
Date: 2008-01-20 00:13:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While translating the backend's message catalog I found several things
that should probably be improved.

For example, in regis.c there are several strings talking about "regis
pattern". I had never heard of regis patterns. Turns out they are a
fast regex subset, used AFAICT only by the ispell code. Searching the
web I don't find any other reference to "regises" (regisen? reges?), so
I think we should avoid using the term. How about just changing the
messages to just say "regular expression" instead?

Additionally, I would like to apply the attached patch. Are there
objections?

Attachment Content-Type Size
string-fix.patch text/x-diff 4.0 KB