BUG #3850: Incompatibility among pg_dump / pg_restore.

From: "Diego Spano" <djspano(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3850: Incompatibility among pg_dump / pg_restore.
Date: 2008-01-04 18:48:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3850
Logged by: Diego Spano
Email address: djspano(at)jus(dot)gov(dot)ar
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.9
Operating system: Debian Etch 4.0
Details:

I have two servers running Debian Etch 4.0 and Postgres 8.1.9. and want to
copy Database_A from server1 to server2. It is suppossed that
pg_dump/pg_restore should have no problems.

In server1 run pg_dump, then run pg_restore on server2, but the database
cant be restored because pg_restore want to restore table rows that have
foreign keys before table that have the primary keys.

"pg_restore: ERROR: the new record for relation archivo violates
restriction. Check "subfk_archivo_seremp".

And records are not added obviously.

I think that pg_dump should export database tablas according to constraints
and relations, dont?

Thank s for any help.

Diego Spano