Re: Hijack!

From: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hijack!
Date: 2007-12-11 15:24:10
Lists: pgsql-general

am Tue, dem 11.12.2007, um 14:57:57 +0000 mailte Richard Huxton folgendes:
> Keith Turner wrote:
> >Someone scolding wrote:

I wrote this ;-)

> >Please don't hijack other threads, the original thread was 'TIMESTAMP
> >difference'.
>
> I think it was probably intended as a *gentle* scolding. We try to be as

Yes, of course. It was not my intention to displease someone.

> polite as possible on the PG lists. Particularly important given their
> international nature of course.

I'd like this PG lists. I know, my english is very ugly because it isn't
my native language. But PG is a really great Open Source Project and it
has a really large and userfriendly communitity. And, of course, i can
learn more about english and PG and i wish to help others if i can.

> It's one of those "common knowledge" things that are obvious to everyone
> who's done it once themselves. It's just part of the nature of how email
> works. Google around "mailing list etiquette" and you should see plenty
> of guidelines.

Right. There are other hints, for instance all about top-posting style.

If i search the archive and read answers and i see (i read normally
from top to bottom) first the answer and later the question, so this is
hard to understand. The rules for mailing lists etiquette are useful and
i wish, more people would follow this rules.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt: Heynitz: 035242/47150, D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)