Re: Tom thinks it's bad code was 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatibility issue

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tom thinks it's bad code was 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatibility issue
Date: 2007-11-16 01:54:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Tony,

* Tony Caduto (tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com) wrote:
> You guys really should keep such kind words to yourself. Not sure how in
> the hell you can say its bad code when it is just a little piece. You don't
> even know what it does.

Erm, I'm pretty confident Tom knows exactly what it does. It's not
exactly complicated and, really, it is *terrible*. Additionally, you
wouldn't need the casts if you were doing it the way Tom suggested and
it'd be about a billion times cleaner and faster. I would suggest you
read up on PostgreSQL arrays, how they work, and the operations
available on them, before attempting to do any more with them.

Thanks,

Stephen