Re: pgsql: Add sample text search dictionary templates and parsers, to

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add sample text search dictionary templates and parsers, to
Date: 2007-10-16 10:38:26
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 07:17:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Looks like dict-xsyn needs some windows install help for the rules file.
>
> Ah, I was afraid of that :-(. The bespoke rule for installing that file
> looked like trouble but I forgot about it while looking at the rest of
> the code.
>
> It doesn't seem like teaching Mkvcbuild.pm about this specific file
> would be a real good plan. Can we get the DATA macro to handle it
> somehow? It's not going into the toplevel SHAREDIR --- will a relative
> path work?

The msvc Install.pm file (not Mkvcbuild in this case) will put it in
/share/contrib/, and currently doesn't support subdirs. But it can bemade
to support those if needed, I guess. No idea if that'll work on non-msvc
builds.

Do we expect there might be more like this? We could easily add a rule
to Install.pm to know about DICTFILES rules in addition to DATA rules.. (In
CopyContribFiles in Install.pm)

//Magnus